Nano Surface Primers Tech Tip by Dr. Beasley's
Nano Surface Primers - Tech Tip
The Nano Surface Primer System is a 3-product correction system that helps lock in the most durable ceramic coating bond possible while maximizing shine and reflectivity. Nano Surface Primers (NSPs) are formulated to apply a thick, primed ceramic base during correction to bolster durability with no panel wipe required before coating.
NSPs are versatile – they can be used as a system or interchangeably depending on the needs of the paint finish.
Here's a quick "primer" on how to use them in one specific use case:
PAINT CONDITION: Heavy Scratches & Swirls (NSP 150 -> NSP 95 -> NSP 45)
1. Ensure the paint finish is clean and free of contamination.
2. Apply 3 dime-sized drops of NSP 150 onto a microfiber pad or coarse foam cutting pad.
3. Working out of the sun, set buffer speed to 1 and work NSP 150 over a 2 x 2 panel section.
4. Once the product has been spread, increase speed to 5 and work NSP 150 over the panel section in vertical then horizontal overlapping passes.
5. Repeat passes as needed – generally 5 to 7 - then remove excess with a clean, soft microfiber towel.
6. Inspect results with a powerful LED light. If further finishing is required, repeat steps 2-5 with NSP 95 and a foam polishing pad. If not, repeat steps 2-5 with NSP 45 and a foam finishing pad to enhance gloss and prime finish before coating.
7. Repeat this process until all paint surfaces have been corrected.
8. Wipe away any remaining excess and immediately apply a ceramic coating of your choice, no wait time necessary.
Tips & Suggestions
- The above instructions only apply to vehicles with heavy scratches and swirls. For vehicles with less serious defects, you may need only to use NSP 95 or 45. Always use a test spot to check.
- Avoid using in direct sunlight.
- NSPs are will enhance any coating's durability, not just Dr. Beasley's!
- Remember, you do NOT need to use an IPA solution or panel wipe after using NSPs.