Home > Car Care Products > Auto Detailing Facts, Tips & Tricks > Pro Detailer Product Review & How-To Guides > Nano Surface Primers Tech Tip by Dr. Beasley's Product Tech
Nano Surface Primers Tech Tip by Dr. Beasley's Product Tech
Nano Surface Primers - Tech Tip
The Nano Surface Primer System is a 3-product correction system that helps lock in the most durable ceramic coating bond possible while maximizing shine and reflectivity. Nano Surface Primers (NSPs) are formulated to apply a thick, primed ceramic base during correction to bolster durability with no panel wipe required before coating.
NSPs are versatile — they can be used as a system or interchangeably depending on the needs of the paint finish. Here’s a quick “primer” on how to use them in one specific use case:
PAINT CONDITION: Heavy Scratches & Swirls (NSP 150 -> NSP 95 -> NSP 45)
1. Ensure the paint finish is clean and free of contamination.
2. Apply 3 dime-sized drops of NSP 150 onto a microfiber pad or coarse foam cutting pad.
3. Working out of the sun, set buffer speed to 1 and work NSP 150 over a 2 x 2 panel section.
4. Once the product has been spread, increase speed to 5 and work NSP 150 over the panel section in vertical then horizontal overlapping passes.
6. Inspect results with a powerful LED light. If further finishing is required, repeat steps 2-5 with NSP 95 and a foam polishing pad. If not, repeat steps 2-5 with NSP 45 and a foam finishing pad to enhance gloss and prime finish before coating.
7. Repeat this process until all paint surfaces have been corrected.
Tips & Suggestions
• The above instructions only apply to vehicles with heavy scratches and swirls. For vehicles with less serious defects, you may need only to use NSP 95 or 45. Always use a test spot to check.
• Avoid using in direct sunlight.
• NSPs are will enhance any coating’s durability, not just Dr. Beasley’s!
• Remember, you do NOT need to use an IPA solution or panel wipe after using NSPs.