Semi-permanent paint protection made easy!
Optimum Gloss-Coat is a high-tech polymer system that forms an extra layer of clear coat over painted surfaces, wheels, plastic trim, bumpers, aluminum, and chrome. Formulated by award-winning Dr. David Ghodoussi, Optimum Gloss-Coat is designed to provide unsurpassed resistance to etching caused by harsh detergents, and swirl marks that are often inflicted during the wash process. Surfaces that are coated with Optimum Gloss-Coat will be protected for up to two years.
Optimum Gloss-Coat is much like the clear coat that already exists on your vehicle, except it forms a shell of protection that is glossier, slicker, and less prone to wash-induced swirl marks and marring. Optimum Gloss-Coat creates a self cleaning finish that is considerably easier to clean and maintain compared to conventional waxes and sealants. Carnauba-wax lovers rejoice – Optimum formulated Gloss-Coat so you can top it with your favorite non-abrasive finishing wax.
Optimum Gloss-Coat can be applied to all exterior surfaces. It is not recommended for glass since improper application can affect visibility. For other exterior surfaces, Optimum Gloss-Coat is a highly effective, transparent protective coating.
Optimum Gloss-Coat can be applied to:
- Painted surfaces
- Plastic trim
- Aluminum & chrome surfaces
Optimum Gloss-Coat is an additional barrier between the elements and your vehicle's paint. The paint will retain its color and contaminants will be blocked out to keep the paint smooth and clean. Unlike waxes and paint sealants that require frequent reapplication, Optimum Gloss-Coat provides constant, unyielding protection for up to two years!
Because Optimum Gloss-Coat is semi-permanent, the paint finish has to be properly prepared before applying it. Any blemishes or contamination on the paint will be locked in so remove them first! On a properly prepared paint finish, Optimum Gloss-Coat will look clear, smooth, and clean.
Once Optimum Gloss-Coat cures, washing is the only maintenance needed to keep your vehicle looking fantastic. The coating can be clayed but it should not be necessary since Gloss-Coat releases contaminants easily. Use detail sprays as desired to intensify the gloss. You can top the coating with your favorite non-abrasive wax or sealant if you desire.
- Polish paint with Optimum Polish II or Optimum Hyper Polish to remove any defects.
- Clean surface with 15% IPA solution to remove all polishing oils, waxes, and silicones.
- Prime the applicator by making an X pattern across the pad. Only a few drops will be needed for each subsequent panel.
- Wipe Optimum Gloss-Coat onto a single panel at a time in a thin layer using two directions, in a circular or front to back direction.
- Within 5 minutes, inspect the panel with adequate lighting looking for any thick areas that have not flashed away to clear.
- Use foam applicator or paint safe microfiber to even out any areas where you see streaks. This step is key, as any spots not leveled will have to be polished if allowed to cure. Panels will feel a bit tacky and will be self-leveling during cure time, so avoid any unnecessary touching, wiping, or contact to produce the best results.
- Repeat steps 1-6 for each panel where application is desired.
10 cc (Measured with tip pointing up)
Federal regulations prohibit the shipment of this products by air, UPS 3 Day, UPS 2, or US Mail. This item is shipped by UPS Ground only. Sorry but no APO or FPO addresses.