Home > Shop By Brand > Optimum Polymer Technologies > Optimum Gloss-Coat Paint Coating 20 cc New Formula
Optimum Gloss-Coat Paint Coating 20 cc New Formula
For a limited time, Optimum Gloss-Coat includes a free 16 x 16 inch Gold Plush Microfiber Towel!
Semi-permanent paint protection made easy!
Optimum Gloss-Coat is a high-tech polymer system that forms an extra layer of clear coat over painted surfaces, wheels, plastic trim, bumpers, aluminum, and chrome. Formulated by award-winning Dr. David Ghodoussi, Optimum Gloss-Coat is designed to provide unsurpassed resistance to etching caused by harsh detergents, and swirl marks that are often inflicted during the wash process. Surfaces that are coated with Optimum Gloss-Coat will be protected for up to two years.
Optimum Gloss-Coat is much like the clear coat that already exists on your vehicle, except it forms a shell of protection that is glossier, slicker, and less prone to wash-induced swirl marks and marring. Optimum Gloss-Coat creates a self cleaning finish that is considerably easier to clean and maintain compared to conventional waxes and sealants. Carnauba-wax lovers rejoice – Optimum formulated Gloss-Coat so you can top it with your favorite non-abrasive finishing wax.
Optimum Gloss-Coat can be applied to all exterior surfaces. It is not recommended for glass since improper application can affect visibility. For other exterior surfaces, Optimum Gloss-Coat is a highly effective, transparent protective coating.
Optimum Gloss-Coat can be applied to:
- Painted surfaces
- Plastic trim
- Aluminum & chrome surfaces
Because Optimum Gloss-Coat is semi-permanent, the paint finish has to be properly prepared before applying it. Any blemishes or contamination on the paint will be locked in so remove them first! On a properly prepared paint finish, Optimum Gloss-Coat will look clear, smooth, and clean.
Once Optimum Gloss-Coat cures, washing is the only maintenance needed to keep your vehicle looking fantastic. The coating can be clayed but it should not be necessary since Gloss-Coat releases contaminants easily. Use detail sprays as desired to intensify the gloss. You can top the coating with your favorite non-abrasive wax or sealant if you desire.
- Polish paint with Optimum Polish II or Optimum Hyper Polish to remove any defects.
- Clean surface with 15% IPA solution to remove all polishing oils, waxes, and silicones.
- Prime the applicator by making an X pattern across the pad. Only a few drops will be needed for each subsequent panel.
- Wipe Optimum Gloss-Coat onto a single panel at a time in a thin layer using two directions, in a circular or front to back direction.
- Within 5 minutes, inspect the panel with adequate lighting looking for any thick areas that have not flashed away to clear.
- Use foam applicator or paint safe microfiber to even out any areas where you see streaks. This step is key, as any spots not leveled will have to be polished if allowed to cure. Panels will feel a bit tacky and will be self-leveling during cure time, so avoid any unnecessary touching, wiping, or contact to produce the best results.
- Repeat steps 1-6 for each panel where application is desired.
Items you might need
You May Also be Interested In These...
100% Recommend this product (12 of 12 responses)
May 30, 2017
Check your work under different lighting conditions
Super glossy and slick. Applied product in my garage which was very well lighted. Thought I had done a great job. Next day, I examined the car outside in the bright sun and found numerous streaks. Streaks easily corrected by removing original coating with a little finishing polish and then reapplied new coat. When applying Gloss-Coat in your garage, would highly recommend keeping the garage door open to increase the amount of natural light available and then periodically pulling it outside into the direct sun to examine your work.
ProsGloss level is incredible / Too soon to comment on durability
February 28, 2019
Great great product easy on, lasts ,works better than advertised. vehicle always looks good.
El paso, Texas
November 24, 2017
Worth every penny
This product is easy to apply, easy to remove, on metallic blue or those kind of colors is hard to find the flashing time, but if you wait 5 minutes on average weather you are fine.
Pros- I have used it for 3 medium size sedan - No hard smell - easy to apply/remove
Cons- Kinda expesinve
October 6, 2016
Love this stuff
New formula shines better then old one. Goes on just the same as older formula.
ProsEasy to apply, levels fairly well and has a great shine.
SF Bay Area
September 21, 2016
Excellent product and will buy again. Be careful, however, with pushing the syringe as it can stick and then suddenly squirt too much product all over the car
ProsEasy to apply