|Measuring surface temperatures has never been so easy, convenient or safe!|
Quickly and accurately measure surface temperatures with this pocket-sized, go-anywhere non-contact digital infrared thermometer! The MicroTemp MT-100 is a feature-packed non-contact digital infrared thermometer that has a million and one uses including automotive diagnostics and surface prep for application of paint coatings. This technology has been used in automotive repair shops across the world and has recently expanded into the world of car care and detailing!
Measure surface temperatures without contact!
As technology improves, new car care products are being introduced that require specific temperature ranges for optimum application and performance. In order to know if the surface temperature is in the correct range you need an accurate way to measure. The MicroTemp MT-100 is accurate up to +/- 2° F so you can have the confidence that your project is in the recommended temperature range. With the surface at the optimum temperature, your paint or glass coating will bond better so it lasts longer.
Paint Correction with a Rotary/Circular Polisher
Rotary polishers are the choice of professional detailers for creating the ultimate show car finish because they offer the most power for removing serious defects. Rotary polishers are also popular for jewelling the paint to maximize gloss and shine. The direct drive rotating action that creates all this power can also create a lot of heat. If you’re not careful with this type of tool and aren’t aware of the surface temperature, you’re at risk for burning through or twisting the paint. With the MicroTemp MT-100 you can quickly and easily monitor surface temperatures and avoid making any costly mistakes. Protect your reputation as well as your car’s finish or your customer’s car finish by monitoring surface temperature when you’re creating your next work of art.
Conveniently carry with you the power to check and measure temperatures with this pocket-sized pen-shaped infrared laser thermometer. The MicroTemp MT-100 is one of the smallest infrared thermometers available making measuring and monitoring temperatures easier and more convenient than ever. The compact size measures a little over three inches long and about three quarters of an inch in width, or about the size of your ring finger. Key Ring slot allows you to attach to your key ring for the ultimate in portability and accessibility.
Check Temperatures Safely
Eliminates the risk of first, second or third degree burns! Infrared thermometers measure temperature from a distance by detecting the amount of thermal electromagnetic radiation emitted from the object being measured. This allows users to accurately measure surface temperatures in hard-to-reach places, or other situations in which non-contact temperature measurement is desirable.
Infrared Technology – How it works
Infrared laser thermometers measure temperature using infrared radiation emitted from objects. The laser light is used to aim the detecting sensor to the specific location of interest to be measured. By measuring the amount of infrared energy emitted by a surface or object it is possible to determine the object's temperature.
- Measurement Range: -27°F to 230° F
- Distance to Spot Ratio: 1:1
- Accuracy: +/- 2° F
- Response Time: 1 second
- Category: Compact Size Key with Key Ring Slot
- Dimensions. .3.25” Long and .75” Wide
- Measures in both Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Battery Type: 2 LR44
Microtemp Digital Infrared Thermometer Uses
Infrared thermometers measure temperature from a distance by detecting the amount of thermal electromagnetic radiation emitted from the object being measured. This allows users to accurately measure surface temperatures in hard-to-reach places, or other situations in which non-contact temperature measurement is desirable. The following is a list of various Microtemp uses:
AUTOMOTIVE / TRANSPORTATION
Perfect for engine diagnostics!
- Low Compression: Scan manifold temperature to determine low compression
- Ignition System Problems: Scan manifold temperature for misfire condition
- Incorrect Fuel / Air Mixture: Measure and compare exhaust system components for correct fuel / air mixture
- Catalytic Converters: Scan both sides of the catalytic converter for temperature differences
- Radiators: Scan radiators for core restrictions
- Thermostats: Easily measure thermostat temperature
- Coolant Sensors: Measure coolant temperature sensors and manifold air temperature sensors
- Heaters / AC Vents: Check heating and cooling systems output
- Temperatures are significantly higher than ambient or varied temperatures of rotors, drums or bearings indicate excessive wear.
- Brakes / Sealed Wheel Bearings: Diagnose brake bias and uneven braking
Measure surface temperatures quickly and easily with the MicroTemp MT-100 Non-Contact Digital Infrared Thermometer!
MicroTemp MT-100 Non-Contact Digital Infrared Thermometer