Think of this as an anti-aging cream for your car's paint!
Automotive paint loses its luster due to the effects of dirt, rain, and environmental pollution. Wax certainly helps lessen the impact of these assailants, but even wax can build-up and reduce the shine. Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion is designed to turn back the clock on your paint by undoing the build-up, the swirls, and the haze to reveal the clean, vibrant paint that lies beneath!
Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion will restore and preserve your car's original beauty. Paintwork Cleansing Lotion uses a combination of gloss-enhancing oils and micro-fine fillers to polish your car without abrasives. The VOC compliant formula is safe and gentle on all finishes. Simply wipe it on, allow a haze to form, and buff gently. Minor swirls and surface imperfections disappear like magic. Your car's finish will emerge bright and clean, ready for your favorite wax or protectant.
This is a mild polish best suited for newer vehicles or vehicles with good paint condition. It is designed to safely take off old wax, embedded road grime and pollution that washing will not remove. It prepares the surface for waxing by creating a clean, smooth, highly-reflective surface. This insures a uniform shine and maximum wax bonding.
Tech Note: Paintwork Cleansing Lotion will not remove paint or clear coat finishes. Likewise, it will not remove swirls. It makes swirls less noticeable or invisible by rounding over the top edge of the swirl, robbing sunlight of a sharp edge to cause a reflection. Micro-fine fillers (1.4 micron) in the lotion then fill in the swirl. When you wax over these fillers, most swirls will disappear. These swirls may re-appear as the wax ages and may be revealed under some light conditions (Fluorescent lamps are ruthless, revealing flaws and swirls that will not show under normal sunlight.).
You can also use the Pinnacle Polishin' Pal to apply Paintwork Cleansing Lotion. A 4 inch white pad will enhance the cleaning properties of the lotion and keep your hands clean during application.
(For easy application for novices or pros, use a Porter Cable 7424XP dual action polisher.)
- Wash the vehicle and towel dry.
- Mist a white polishing pad with Crystal Mist Detail Spray to allow easier application. Pour a circle of Paintwork Cleansing Lotion on the pad.
- With the machine turned off, spread the lotion over a small area.
- Set the max speed at 4.5 or 5 and turn the machine on.
- Polish in a figure-eight pattern until the lotion begins to dry or disappear.
- Buff with a clean microfiber towel.
- Continue to the next section until you've polished the entire vehicle.
- Always follow Paintwork Cleansing Lotion with a coat of wax. Souveran or Signature Series II will give your vehicle a glossy, wet-looking shine.
Note: For best results, apply Paintwork Cleansing Lotion out of direct sunlight. Do not apply to hot body panels. Paintwork Cleansing Lotion is not designed for use with high speed rotary polishers..