A heavy duty molded polyurethane backing plate for your Porter Cable 7424XP!
A polyurethane backing pad is a very important interface between the polisher and your vehicle. Molded polyurethane will dampen vibrations to prevent your polisher from bouncing, and is flexible and tough enough to withstand the operation of a dual-action random orbital (Polyurethane will not deform and has a memory unlike traditional foam pads). A permanent bond between the polyurethane and the hook and loop facing eliminates separation problems. Velcro® brand hook and loop fasteners are molded with the polyurethane. Quality hook facings offer secure adhesion to pads, yet quick and easy removal. Foam or wool pads equipped with loop backing will work with the Dual Action 5 inch HD Backing Plate. The industrial grade hook and loop fasteners will prevent pads from coming off the plate accidentally during use. The Dual Action 5 inch HD Backing Plate is built for high speeds and rugged use.
The plate is rated for 12000 RPM! The Porter Cable 7424XP only goes to 6000 OPM (orbits per minute) so you know this heavy duty backing plate can take the heat! Our polyurethane backing plates offer strict tolerance on weight, balance, roundness, and flatness. Strict tolerances in the polyurethane assure you that each plate performs consistently for a long time. A quality plate has a controlled weight and mass that balances with your tool and allows the polisher to operate with minimum vibration.
- Allows quick and easy pad changes with Hook & Loop fasteners
- Industrial grade hooks and loops hold pads securely during polisher operation
- The backing plate fits any dual action polisher that accepts a 5/16" thread.
- Tolerates speeds up to 12000 RPM
- To be use with 6.5 inch or 5.5 inch pads Manufactured by the makers of The Edge. These backing plates are designed to fit most dual action polishers including the Porter Cable 7424XP, Meguiars G110v2 and the Griots Garage Random Orbital Polisher.