|Use your own polisher to restore headlights with Meguiars spot repair kit!|
The Meguiars Headlight & Spot Repair Kit gives you all the pads, discs, and polishes you need to restore headlights and perform spot repair using your own polisher. The kit includes a 3 inch rotary backing plate and a huge assortment of Meguairs Unigrit Sanding and Finishing Discs, Soft Buff Pads, and masking tape. For moderate to heavily oxidized headlights, trust the Meguiars Professional Headlight & Spot Repair Kit to give you clear, professional results.
Note: The sanding and finishing discs included in this kit can be used by hand with the included hand pad or with your own dual action polisher. Do not use a rotary polisher for sanding.
For professional headlight restoration, choose Meguiars Professional Headlight & Spot Repair Kit. This kit is designed to restore moderately to severely damaged headlights with a wide range of sanding discs, finishing discs, and pads. The inclusion of both a mini dual action sander and a mini rotary polisher enable you to start offering headlight and spot repair services immediately - there's nothing else to buy. And you can be sure you'll achieve professional results with Meguiars Mirror Glaze 105 Ultra-Cut Compound and Mirror Glaze 205 Ultra Finishing Polish.
The Meguiars Professional Headlight & Spot Repair Kit removes yellowing, cloudiness, oxidation, and scratches from plastic headlight lens covers. Keep in mind that this kit will remove any coating from the lens cover. Therefore the kit should only be used on moderately to heavily damaged headlights, where the coating is already compromised.
Follow these simple guides from Meguiars for headlight restoration:
- Use the included 3 inch hand pad or a dual action polisher or air sander when sanding.
- Always use the interface pad when sanding
- Protect all adjacent painted areas using 2 – 3 layers of masking tape
- Remove all contaminants from headlight using glass cleaner before beginning repair process
- Always use least aggressive method when sanding
- Mild Damage/Oxidation– Begin sanding with 800 grit
- Moderate Damage/Oxidation – Begin sanding with 500 grit
- Extreme or Severe Damage/Oxidation – Begin sanding with 320 grit followed by 500 grit
- When sanding with 500 & 800 grits, no water is needed
- When sanding with 1000 & 3000 grits, always pre- moisten disc with water (no lube) prior to sanding
Meguiars Professional Headlight & Spot Repair Kit is also ideal for spot repair on auto paint. The Unigrit Sanding and Finishing Discs followed by Meguiars Soft Buff 3 Inch Pads level isolated scratches and restore a smooth, flawless finish.
For spot repair, follow Meguiar's simple instructions below.
- For additional cutting action with 1500 or 1000 grit, remove interface pad
- When sanding, always use damp with water and no soap as lubricant
- For final sanding, always use the interface pad when sanding with 3000 grit
Whether you are using the Meguiars Professional Headlight & Spot Repair Kit for headlight restoration or spot paint repair, you'll enjoy the professional quality results you've come to expect from Meguiars Mirror Glaze line of products.
At current going rates for headlight restoration, this kit pays for itself after using it on just 9 vehicles! Make your detailing business stand out by offering premium headlight restoration and spot repair services with the Meguiars Professional Headlight & Spot Repair Kit.
- 50 S3320 Unigrit 320 Grit Sanding Discs
- 50 S3500 Unigrit 500 Grit Sanding Discs
- 50 S3800 Unigrit 800 Grit Sanding Discs
- 15 S3F1000 Unigrit 1000 Grit Finishing Discs
- 25 S31500 Unigrit 1500 Grit Sanding Discs
- 15 S3F3000 Unigrit 3000 Grit Finishing Discs
- 1 S3FIS Unigrit Foam Interface
- 2 W4003 3” “Easy Buff” Knitted Wool Pads
- 2 W7204 4” Soft Buff Foam Cutting Pads
- 2 W8204 4” Soft Buff Foam Polishing Pads
- 2 W9204 4’ Soft Buff Foam Finishing Pads
- 2 S3BP 3” Professional Backing Pads and Adaptor Kits
- 1 S3HP 3” Professional Hand Pad - 1 ea
- 1 W63 3” Professional Rotary Backing Plate
- 1 T18MM Professional Masking Tape .75in
- 1 8 oz. Meguiars 105 Ultra-Cut Compound
- 1 8 oz. Meguiars 205 Ultra Finishing Polish
- 1 Meguiar’s Black Canvas Bag
- 1 Professional Headlight and Spot Repair Chart
Note: After using Meguiars Professional Headlight & Spot Repair Kit, the repaired headlight will not have any protective coating. Use Wolfgang Plastik Surface Sealant to maintain the clarity and prevent future oxidation. On repaired paint, always follow with a wax or paint sealant after any polishing process.