Measure coating thickness on ferrous and nonferrous surfaces.
The Defelsko PosiTector 6000 FNS1 Coating Thickness Gauge is designed to accurately measure the thickness of coatings on ferrous (iron) and non-ferrous metals. Use it on steel, iron, aluminum, copper, and more. The Defelsko Coating Thickness Gauge can be used to assess the thickness of paint coatings prior to purchasing or refinishing a vehicle.
The Defelsko PosiTector 6000 FNS1 Coating Thickness Gauge includes a standard gauge body and a removable FNS probe. It instantly calculates average, standard deviation, min/max thickness and number of readings while measuring. With the fast mode, there's no waiting for accurate results. Quickly inspect surfaces to determine coating thickness.
Auto dealers use paint gauges to assess vehicles prior to purchase. Car collectors may use paint gauges to determine how much of the original finish is left on a classic vehicle. Painters can use the Defelsko gauge to measure the thickness of a repair coating compared to the surrounding coating. Detailers can use the thickness gauge to avoid removing too much paint while restoring a vehicle. In all cases, the Defelsko PosiTector 6000 FNS1 Coating Thickness Gauge delivers fast, accurate readings to help auto professionals and enthusiasts see the full picture before buying, painting, or restoring a vehicle.
Defelkso's Posisoft Software allows you to easily upload information to your computer!
The Defelsko PosiTector 6000 FNS1 Coating Thickness Gauge comes with a USB port to allow the user to store readings on their computer for easy access.
- Ready to measure—no calibration adjustment required for
- Enhanced one-handed menu navigation
- Flashing display—ideal in a noisy environment
- RESET feature instantly restores factory settings
- Solvent, acid, oil, water and dust resistant - weatherproof
- Wear-resistant probe tip
- Shock-absorbing, protective rubber holster with belt clip
- Two year warranty on gage body AND probe
- Certificate of Calibration showing traceability to NIST included (Long Form)
- Built-in temperature compensation ensures measurement accuracy
- Hi-RES mode increases displayed resolution for use on applications that require greater precision
- Conforms to national and international standards including ISO and ASTM
- Gage body universally accepts all PosiTector 6000 (coating thickness), SPG (surface profile), DPM (environmental) and UTG (ultrasonic wall thickness) probes
- Multiple Calibration adjustment options including 1 point, 2 point, known thickness, average zero
- Selectable display languages
- Hi Contrast backlit display for bright or dark environments
- Flip display enables right-side-up viewing
- Extended cables available (up to 75 m/250 ft) for underwater or remote measuring
- Uses alkaline or rechargeable batteries (built-in charger)
- Statistics mode continually displays/updates average, standard deviation, min/max thickness and number of readings while measuring
- HiLo alarm audibly and visibly alerts when measurements exceed user-specified limits
- FAST mode - faster measurement speed for quick inspection
- USB port for fast, simple connection to a PC and to supply continuous power. USB cable included
- Software updates via web keep your gage current
- Multiple measurement download/transfer options:
- USB mass storage - stored readings and graphs can be accessed using universal PC/ Mac web browsers or file explorers. No software required
- PosiTector.net - a free web-based application offering secure storage of thickness readings
- PosiSoft Software Compatible - Continue using the familiar legacy software you have used for years. Available as a free download.
- Every stored measurement is date and time stamped
- Standard(1) gauge body
- FNS probe
- precision plastic shims
- protective rubber holster with belt clip
- wrist strap
- 3 AAA alkaline batteries
- nylon carrying case with shoulder strap
- protective lens shield
- Long Form Certificate of Calibration traceable to NIST
- USB cable
Please allow one week for delivery.
0 - 1500 um
0 - 60 mils
+ (0.05 mils + 1%) 0 - 2 mils
+ (0.1 mils + 1%) > 2 mils
+ (1 um + 1%) 0 - 50 um
+ (2 um + 1%) > 50 um
Additional discounts are not applicable on this item.
CLICK HERE FOR SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD INFORMATION