|Receive 1 FREE Lake Country Hi-Gloss White 6.5 inch Flat Finishing Pad with your purchase of the Makita BO6040! A retail value of $10.99. |
modes in one exceptional machine!
The Makita BO6040 Orbital Polisher is an ingenious polisher that works as an orbital polisher or
a forced rotation orbital polisher. The random orbital action is great for finish sanding while the forced rotation setting is fantastic for aggressive swirl and defect removal. The Makita BO6040 Orbital Polisher is like having two machines in one!
An orange knob on the Makita Polisher makes it possible to switch back and forth
between random orbital and orbital forced rotation. Just be sure the machine is off when
you make the switch. The speed control on the back of the machine allows you to
operate at anywhere from 1600 to 5800 opm, no matter what mode you are in. Use
the random orbit mode for gentle polish and wax application and buffing. Use the
forced rotation orbit for compounding and scratch removal. One machine does it all!
Best of all, when the Makita BO6040 is in forced rotation mode, it still orbits to provide the same safeguard against burning the paint as random orbital setting. This lessens the risk of producing swirls while still
giving you the cutting power of a forced rotation orbital polisher. You should still take great
care when operating the machine in this setting by starting at a low
speed. We recommend starting at 2 until you are more comfortable.
The Makita BO6040 Polisher comes with a one year factory warranty and a handy carrying
case. It also comes with a wrench to remove the included 6” Hook & Loop backing plate.
The Makita BO6040 replaces two machines, making it a great value. If you do not
currently own a buffer, or you are not sure if your vehicle’s scratches will
come out with an ordinary dual-action polisher, the Makita BO6040 is an excellent choice.
Start out with the random orbital setting and a low-cut polish. The general rule is
if your fingernail catches the scratch, you’ll need to do some compounding to
totally remove it. If the random orbital setting is not working, just turn the machine off,
turn the orange knob, and turn the polisher back on. The orbital motion with forced rotation
will level the scratch until it is completely eliminated.
If you only buy one polisher, make it the Makita BO6040 Dual-Action Polisher.
This one machine will take care of all your detailing jobs, large or small, with
just the turn of a knob.
- 2-mode switch for "random orbit" action (finish sanding) and "random orbit
with forced rotation" action (aggressive sanding and polishing)
- Superior engineering and design reduces vibration by 20% and noise levels
almost 2 to 1 over the competition
- Variable speed control dial (1,600 - 5,800 OPM; 180 - 670 RPM) for various
- Compact tool height (5-3/16") increases efficiency and maneuverability
- Small diameter barrel grip for optimum comfort and control
- Uses convenient hook & loop abrasive sanding discs and accessories (hook & loop backing plate included)
- Efficient through-the-pad dust collection system with built in dust port for a
cleaner work environment
- Includes: 1 ea. Abrasive Disc (#120; 794610-1), Hex Wrench (783203-8), Rubber
Pad (193286-4), Wrench Holder (410047-0) and Plastic Tool Case (824591-5)
- Additional discounts are not
- Please call for an expedited shipping
quote on this item.1-800-869-3011