WEATHERSHIELD HP car covers
The next generation of the WeatherShield High Performance fabric!
The WeatherShield HP® offers the same durable outdoor protection as the original WeatherShield HP fabric but now it is even more fade resistant! Thanks to a new encapsulation process, the WeatherShield HP® car cover fabric holds color better than ever while protecting your vehicle from the environment. The WeatherShield HP® fabric is manufactured by Nextec. Nextec proprietary equipment places a viscous patented mixture of silicone-based polymers onto the woven fabric. Heat and pressure are applied to the polymers, working them inside the fabric and wrapping the individual fade resistant fibers. All but the smallest holes are filled. These “micro holes” remain open to retain the car cover’s breathability. The fabric is then cured in ovens to solidify the polymers. Nextec’s encapsulation process wraps each and every fiber to provide total all-weather protection without sacrificing breathability, packability, and the “soft to the paint touch”. This magnified photo gives you an idea how the encapsulation coats the fibers and fills the voids between the threads with a breathable barrier to assure moisture, dust and pollutants are kept away from the vehicles finish.
The base, high-strength, polyester fabric is naturally UV resistant, but UV inhibitors have been added to the polymers to help slow-down the degradation that occurs naturally on anything exposed to sun for an extended period of time.
- Dramatic Rain Dispersion - Fabric sheds water as soon as it hits the cover.
- Superior Dry Time - Because the fabric sheds moisture it has an absorption factor of only 2%, compared with up to 40% for standard woven and non-woven fabrics. That means, if the cover has been sitting out in the rain you only need to shake it and the residue moisture will easily dry, in the trunk or on the car.
- Breathable - Allows any heat or condensation under the cover to easily escape.
- UV Resistant - Special additives prevent UV degradation and protect the vehicles finish and interior.
- Dust-proof - Patented fiber encapsulation process prevents dust from filtering through the fabric.
- Scratch-less - Polymers provide a silky smooth finish to the fabric and provide superior paint protection. Nextec fabric has been tested at 1,000 cycles on abrasion wheels without scratching (surface must be clean and waxed).
- Durable - The encapsulation process is not affected by heat or cold and the process won't degrade over the life of the fabric.
- Easy Care - Unlike non-woven fabrics you can clean most car-size WeatherShield HP covers in your HOME washer and dryer.
- Packs Small & Light - All this protection in a lightweight package that packs into 1/4 to 1/2 the volume of multi-layer, non-woven fabrics.
- Double stitched overlapped seams
- Neoprene elastic hems – the elastic in the front and rear hems helps hold the cover in place
- Reinforced, non-scratch grommets – use a tie-down rope (supplied) or a vinyl coated cable and lock. (optional)
This cover is great for every day, outdoor use. It is not as heavy as the other outdoor fabrics, but it still provides superior water, weather, and UV resistance. It can be easily removed and folded every day by virtually anyone. Even if you need a cover primarily for indoor use and only occasional outdoor use, the WeatherShield HP is still your best choice. It will keep dust out no matter where you park. FIT
This fabric is available in custom fit. Click on the order button below and follow the instructions to select your cover. Exact pricing will be displayed once you have selected your cover. Antenna openings – All Covercraft covers are made to fit vehicles with retractable antennas. If your vehicle does not have a retractable antenna, you will need to make a small opening in the fabric. Please indicate in the comment box of your order that you need an antenna grommet and we will be happy to send you one at no extra charge. Mirror pockets – If your vehicle was manufactured before 1965, the cover you receive may not have mirror pockets, even if it is a custom cover. If the pattern for your particular vehicle does not include built-in mirror pockets, we can send you mirror pockets for free, but they will not be sewn into the cover. Call us for details. This only applies to pre-1965 models. If your vehicle was made after 1965, your custom car cover will have mirror pockets already sewn into the cover. WARRANTY
4 year limited warranty
The WeatherShield HP cover are currently available in 8 colors. SHIPPING
Allow 3-4 weeks for delivery. QUESTIONS?
Contact a sales representative for assistance with placing your order and for shipping time.1-800-869-3011 OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES
Car Cover Storage Bag – Fold up you cover and keep it neatly tucked away in the trunk or garage. This bag will keep it clean and dry. Car Cover Lock – Thread the vinyl-coated cable through the cover’s grommets and attach the lock to secure the cover to your vehicle and deter thieves. PRICE
Custom covers start at $275.00
Covercraft items ship from the manufacturer via ground service with an estimated ship time of 3-4 weeks. Expedited and international shipping are not available. Addition discounts do not apply to Covercraft products.