Home > Autogeek's 2 Day Roadshow Detail Class Friday, June 8th at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Autogeek's 2 Day Roadshow Detail Class Friday, June 8th at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Friday, June 8th - Tools & Topics:
Class starts at 7:30am sharp and goes until 5:30pm
Morning Session ***Multiple-Step or Show Car Detailing***
Short Stroke Polishers
Short stroke polishers are considered 8mm orbit stroke length or smaller. For example, the Porter Cable is an 8mm orbit stroke length polisher and thus considered a short stroke polisher. The Griot's 3" Random Orbital Polisher is a 5mm orbit stroke length polisher and also considered a short stroke polishers.
The first short stroke free spinning random orbital polisher to mainstream was the Porter Cable 7424 and 7336 back in the early 1990s when Meguiar's introduced it to the car detailing world as an safe alternative to rotary buffers. Since then, a number of tools have been introduced that like the Porter Cable polishers, use an 8mm orbit stroke length with a free spinning spindle bearing and a counterweight to provide inertia and thus maintain pad rotation under pressure and around curved body panels, these would include:
- Porter Cable 7424XP and all older versions
- Griot's Garage 6" Random Orbital Polisher
- Meguiar's G110, G110v2 and MT300
- Chemical Guys TORQ 10FX
- Chemical Guys Torq X
- Chicago Electric 6" Polisher (Harbor Freight DA)
- Shurhold Dual Action Polisher
- DAS-6 Pro Dual Action Polisher
In this class you will learn how to:
- Mechanically decontaminate paint
- Compound to correct paint and remove swirls, scratches, water spots and oxidation.
- Polish paint to maximize gloss, shine and clarity.
- Machine apply a wax or synthetic paint sealant to protect the paint and lock in the shine.
- Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay and Clay Lube
- Pinnacle Advanced Compound
- Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish
- Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax
- Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax
- 5.5 inch Orange Lake Country Foam Cutting Pads
- 5.5 inch White Lake Country Foam Heavy Polishing Pads
- 5.5 inch Black Lake Country Foam Waxing Pad
Also during the morning session, many of the miscellaneous topics listed below will be covered depending upon the needs of the training cars.
Afternoon Session - RUPES Paint Polishing System ***Multiple-Step or Show Car Detailing***
In the afternoon session you will learn how to use the RUPES Paint Polishing System including all the RUPES tools, pads and products.
- BigFoot 21mm Long Stroke Orbital Polisher
- BigFoot 15mm Long Stroke Orbital Polisher
- BigFoot Duetto 12mm Long Stroke Orbital Polisher
- BigFoot Mini 12mm Long Stroke Orbital Polisher
- BigFoot Mille LK 900E Gear-driven 5mm Orbital
- RUPES LHR 19E Rotary polisher
- RUPES iBrid Nano Long Neck polisher
- RUPES iBrid Nano Short Neck polisher
- RUPES Zephir Gloss Coarse Gel Compound
- RUPES Quarz Gloss Medium Gel Compound
- RUPES Keramik Gloss Fine Gel Compound
- RUPES Diamond Ultra Fine Gel Polish
- RUPES Mille Coarse
- RUPES Mille Fine
- RUPES Rotary Coarse
- RUPES Rotary Fine
- RUPES P808 Protective Sealant
- Blue Coarse Foam Pad
- Green Medium Foam Pad
- Yellow Polishing Foam Pad
- White Finishing Foam Pad
Late Afternoon - One-Step Detailing ***Production Detailing also called Daily Driver Detailing***
In this session we go over how to get show car results in one step. Knowing how to correctly use a one-step cleaner/wax or AIO is a valuable skill and knowledge asset as it pertains to detailing and buffing out large items like planes, RVs, boats and trailers. Plus it's the perfect product and technique for taking care of you own daily drivers. One-step detailing saves you time, energy and investment while delivering incredible results - when performed correctly.
NOTE: Students can spend more time with the tool or tools of their choice out of the tools showcased on this day.
Tools: Students Choice
Products: BLACKFIRE One Step
Pads: Lake Country Foam Pads & RUPES Foam Pads
Miscellaneous Topics: Topics on Saturday are different than on Friday
- Throughout every class there are multiple, multiple other tools, products and techniques shared depending upon the needs of the training cars.
- How to do Headlight Restoration including machine sanding headlights.
- Glass Polishing – how to remove defects in the glass like wiper marks and scratches.
- Waterless Wash – How to safely clean a car using a waterless wash.
- Rinseless Wash – How to safely clean a car using a rinseless wash.
- Paint inspection using Paint Thickness Gauge.
- Paint inspection using a Swirl Finder Light.
- Paint inspection using the Baggie Test.
- Mechanical Decontamination using Detailing Clay.
- Taping-off – How to correctly tape-off a car and cover-up sensitive areas.
- Exterior Black Plastic Restoration.
- Paint inspection using the Baggie Test.
- Cosmetic Engine Detailing.
- Nikken Finishing Papers
- Mirka Abralon Sanding Discs
- 3M Trizact Sanding Discs
- Class wraps up. Questions and answers.
- Certificate Award Ceremony
- Book Signing