|Preserve your vehicle and your detailing clay!|
Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay Lube is an ultra slick lubricant formulated specifically to enhance the performance of detailing clay. The lubricating spray blankets your vehicle in polymers and lubricating agents to prevent scratches. Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay Lube works with Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay to prep your vehicle for a flawless finish.
The secret to detailing clay's safe, non-abrasive performance is the clay lubricant. Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay Lube is designed to surround and suspend dirt particles to protect the paint from scratches. The lubricant provides a liquid cushion between the clay bar and the paint, where the clay bar can glide over the paint easily.
Detailing clay was invented in the late 1980's just as clear coat paint became the standard automotive coating. Clear coat has a wonderful gloss and reflectivity but it does require special care. Paint contamination has always occurred but on single stage paint, you could literally polish off the outermost layer of paint. Clear coats require a lighter touch to maintain that micro-thin clear coat layer. Detailing clay emerged as the safest, most effective way to clean clear coat paint.
Detailing clay works by mechanically removing visible and invisible contaminants from the paint. As it glides over the finish, clay grabs impurities and traps them within the clay. By using Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay Lube, this process is totally safe and non-abrasive. Cleaners try to dissolve impurities with acids. Polishes contain abrasives that may not be necessary. Only detailing clay removes paint contamination safely and quickly with no harm to the paint.
Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay Lube was developed to work hand in hand with Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay. Some soaps are highly alkaline and can dry out the clay. Therefore, soapy water is not a suitable substitute for clay lubricant. Use Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay Lube to maintain the clay's flexibility. The water-based lubricants will not dry out or deteriorate the clay bar. A light mist of Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay Lube onto the clay bar before storage will keep the clay soft and supple.
Nothing cleans your vehicle like detailing clay. Use Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay and Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay Lube to prepare your vehicle for the ultimate, clean shine.
First mist the paint with XMT Speed Clay Lube.
Rub the clay bar over the lubricated area until it glides freely.
- On a clean vehicle, spray a 2 x 2 sq. ft. area with Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay Lube.
- Gently rub Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay back and forth across the wet area. It will grab initially as it works to remove contamination.
- When the clay bar glides easily, the paint is clean. Use a Cobra Microfiber Detailing Cloth to wipe the paint dry. If any clay residue exists, mist the paint again with Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay Lube and wipe dry.
- Continue this process until you have clayed the entire vehicle. Remember to reshape the clay bar often to reveal a clean portion.
- After claying, always apply a fresh coat of wax or paint sealant.
Wipe the paint dry with a soft, clean Cobra Microfiber Towel.
Tips for claying:
- Always use a clay lubricant. Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay Lube allows Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay to glide over the paint easily, and it protects the paint from the fine particles being removed by the clay.
- Use Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay on a clean vehicle. Prewash the vehicle to remove loose contamination so it doesn't "clog" the clay bar.
- Use clay before polishing. If your vehicle is in need of polishing, clay first to remove any gritty particles. If you don't these particles will come loose during the polishing process and they'll become "accidental abrasives". They may leave swirl marks even if your polish doesn't.
- Of course there's always an exception to the rule! If your vehicle is heavily oxidized to the point of paint coming off, polish before claying. The reason is that paint flakes will overload the clay, making it perform poorly.
- Fold and refold the clay bar often. The beauty of Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay is that you can renew the clay over and over. When the clay appears dirty, fold it until you see clean clay. It's safe to keep using the same clay bar until it has no clean surface area left.
- Use Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay up to twice a year. As long as your vehicle is waxed regularly, there's no need to clay more often.
Add on the Remote Trigger Sprayer
for just $4.99 more!
Fits 64 oz. and 128 oz. bottles. Choose the sprayer option in the drop-down menu in the order box.
Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay Lube 64 oz.