|Concentrated abrasive action for today’s scratch-resistant, ceramic clear coats. |
Menzerna Super Intensive Polish is designed for the removal of scratches, swirls, and oxidation on the scratch-resistant clear coats used by Mercedes Benz. Concentrated, specially milled abrasives remove 2000 grit sanding scratches to leave a brilliant shine with little or no hazing.
Note: Menzena Super Intensive Polish also goes by the part number Menzerna PO85RD 3.02 but it has been shortened to PO83 for simplicity by Menzerna USA, the US distribution office for Menzerna Polishes.
At the end of 2003, Mercedes Benz put into production a new scratch-resistant clear coat lacquer made up of nano-sized ceramic particles, which are baked and hardened in the paintshop oven, just like you’d bake pottery in a kiln. This process results in an extensively cross-linked, very hard paint finish that stands up better to mechanical car washes and day to day abuse. This clear coat, called CeramiClear from PPG, is the only nanotechnology clear coat used on Mercedes production lines and is approved for the repair of Mercedes and Nissans.
The problem with the ceramic clear coat is that it is harder to correct than the comparatively soft clear coats used by most other car manufacturers. Ceramic paint can still scratch; just not as easily. When a scratch does occur, not all the polishes on the market are capable of removing it from the new, hard-as-a-rock clear coats.
Menzerna Super Intensive Polish is formulated specifically for the new ceramic, scratch-resistant clear coats. Menzerna developed a new family of abrasives that are better able to penetrate the hard paint and level imperfections. Super Intensive Polish is the most aggressive of this new breed of polishes, capable of removing 2000 grit sanding scratches.
Though this is a powerful polish, Menzerna Super Intensive Polish produces virtually no dust or haze. The polish contains a high concentration of small abrasives, which allows the polish to work cleaner. The tiny abrasives blend away imperfections using consistent abrasive action, meaning the hundreds of abrasives are repeatedly passing over the blemish to gradually eliminate it. The results are smooth, glossy, haze-free paint.
On most paints, you can go straight from Menzerna Super Intensive Polish to finishing with a wax or sealant without any steps in between. It leaves such a deep gloss, there’s no need for a finishing polish in many cases.
Note: Dark paints may require follow up with a finer polish. Use Menzerna Nano Polish, which is also formulated for scratch-resistant clear coats.
Menzerna Super Intensive Polish can be used with a dual action or rotary polisher to remove defects quickly.
Menzerna Super Intensive Polish can be used on all types of paint, including conventional clear coats. Use it on fresh paint finishes (once fully cured) to eliminate any swirls or overspray. On older paint finishes, Menzerna Super Intensive Polish will remove moderate imperfections and refresh the color.
Menzerna Super Intensive Polish contains no silicone, waxes, fillers, or glaze. It’s a water-based pure polish, which makes it ideal for a body shop or paint shop environment.
In the final analysis, Menzerna Super Intensive Polish is a step beyond the average polish in terms of cutting ability but its clean, haze-free finish is definitely representative of a polish. Regardless of its classification, it’s the best choice for polishing and paint correction on today’s hard, ceramic clear coats.
Application by Machine:
- Make sure the surface to be compounded is clean and dry. Fresh paint should be fully cured. Apply Super Intensive Polish out of direct sunlight.
- Use a wool or foam polishing pad, such as Lake Country’s CCS White Polishing Pad or Orange Light Cutting Pad. The Orange or Green Edge 2000 Pads will also work well with Super Intensive Polish. Apply a 6 inch line of compound to the vehicle. With the polisher turned off, spread the polish over about a 2 x 2 sq. ft. area.
- Polish at 1200-1800 RPM (5000-6000 OPM on a dual action polisher) working slowly across and then up and down the area. Check your work after several passes to see if the defect has been removed. If so, reduce the pressure and continue buffing until a high gloss is achieved. If the pad becomes dry, mist it with water and continue buffing.
- Wipe the area with a damp microfiber cloth.
- If necessary, follow with Menzerna Nano Polish to restore optimum gloss.
- Always apply a wax or sealant after compounding or polishing. We recommend Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 to seal in the shine with its long-lasting polymer formula.
128 oz. (1 Gallon)
Click here to view Menzerna Comparison Chart.
To seal in the shine after using Menzerna polishing compounds, try Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0. Wolfgang's water-based, non-cleaning formula is compatible with all Menzerna polishes.
Right now, SAVE $5 on Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 when you purchase it with a Menzerna product!