|Remove 1000-1500 grit sanding scratches with virtually no loss of surface gloss!|
Menzerna Power Gloss Compound is a powerful polishing compound approved for scratch removal on newly cured paint and older paints. This silicone-free, low-dusting compound removes sanding scratches, overspray, and swirls like an aggressive compound but PowerGloss finishes like a car polish!
Menzerna PowerGloss Compound quickly eliminates 1000-1500 grit sanding scratches, swirl marks, and overspray with minimal dusting. It is the most aggressive of Menzerna’s polishes, yet it does not require follow up polishing in many cases. (Dark colored vehicles are the exception since they show everything, but even black cars will glow after one or two passes with Menzerna Final Finish.)
Menzerna Power Gloss Compound finishes like a polish! That’s right, a compound – the heavy hitter in terms of cut – finishes with the gloss and smoothness of a polish. Menzerna is able to do this because of the uniform, specially milled aluminum oxide abrasives that break down under the gradual increase in heat produced by the polisher. This is what we call a self-refining compound. Most light colored vehicles will not require subsequent steps to restore gloss. The speed and efficiency of Menzerna makes it particularly attractive to professional detailers and auto refinishers who require results they can count on time and time again.
In fact, Menzerna Power Gloss Compound is not a true compound. Its unique formulation makes it a heavy cutting polish. The distinction is how smoothly Power Gloss finishes compared to typical compounds. A traditional compound has chunky abrasives designed to cut the paint. Power Gloss’ nano abrasives polish the paint. Thanks to the quality, size, and number of nano abrasives, Power Gloss is able to give you defect removal like that of a compound, without the heavy compounding swirls.
Menzerna Power Gloss Compound is excellent for restoring aged and weather-beaten paint finishes. It eliminates scratches on any type of paint, including today’s scratch-resistant paints, such as the ceramic clear coat used by Mercedes.
A high concentration of abrasives combined with their uniform size and shape enable Power Gloss Compound to level paint defects using consistent abrasive action. The abrasives are not bigger or harder than in a polish. There’s simply more abrasives to repeatedly go over the blemish, gradually leveling the paint and then refining it as the abrasives shrink.
Menzerna Power Gloss levels defects quickly when used with a heavy cutting foam or wool pad on a dual action or rotary polisher.
Because the abrasives in Menzerna Power Gloss Compound gradually level the paint, this is a very clean compound. There is minimal dusting and easy clean-up.
Menzerna Power Gloss Compound is a professional polish. It is designed to achieve the best results with a circular polisher. You can use a dual action polisher, like the Porter Cable 7424XP, but it will require a longer working time.
Enjoy a faster, more effective compound with the ability to cut without causing haze. Menzerna Power Gloss Compound eliminates 1000-1500 grit sanding scratches, overspray, and swirls on all types of paint like a compound but finishes like a polish.
Application with a Polisher
- Make sure the surface to be compounded is clean and dry. Fresh paint should be fully cured. Apply PowerGloss out of direct sunlight.
- Use a wool or foam compounding pad, such as Lake Country’s CCS Yellow Cutting Pad or The Edge Yellow Cutting Pad. Apply a 6 inch line of compound to the vehicle. With the polisher turned off, spread the compound over about a 2 x 2 sq. ft. area.
- Polish at 1200-1800 RPM (5000-6000 OPM with a dual action polisher) working slowly across and then up and down the area. Check your work after several passes to see if the defect has been removed. If so, reduce the pressure and continue buffing until a high gloss is achieved. If the pad becomes dry, mist it with water and continue buffing.
- Wipe the area with a damp microfiber cloth.
- If necessary, follow with Menzerna Final Polish to restore optimum gloss.
- Always apply a wax or sealant after compounding or polishing. We recommend Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 to seal in the shine with its long-lasting polymer formula.
Click here to view Menzerna Comparison Chart.
To seal in the shine after using Menzerna polishing compounds, try Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0. Wolfgang's water-based, non-cleaning formula is compatible with all Menzerna polishes.
Right now, SAVE $5 on Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 when you purchase it with a Menzerna product!