Protect your paint as you perfect it with detailing clay lubricant!
Detailer’s Pro Series Universal Clay Lubricant makes detailing clay the safest way to remove embedded contaminants from auto paint. Detailing clay works by pulling contaminants out of the paint. Detailer’s Pro Series Universal Clay Lubricant provides a slippery barrier between the clay and the paint to prevent scratching. With Detailer’s Pro Series Universal Clay Lubricant and Universal Detailing Clay, your vehicle can have mirror-smooth, silky paint!
Detailing clay is the safest, most effective way to remove embedded contaminants from your vehicle’s paint. The only risk associated with claying is the possibility of creating scratches as gritty particles are pulled out of the clear coat, but the risk is eliminated with Detailer’s Pro Series Universal Clay Lubricant.
When detailing clay was first introduced, soapy water was recommended as an adequate lubricant. We now know there are a number of disadvantages, such as the lubricants in the wash may be too diluted by the water to provide any real paint protection. Also, the chemicals used in some car washes may contribute to the deterioration of the clay bar. Using a lubricant specially formulated for detailing clay is the best way to prolong the life of the clay bar and protect your vehicle from scratches.
Detailer’s Pro Series Universal Clay Lubricant provides a super slick surface that allows gritty particles captured by the clay bar to glide just above the surface of the paint. It thoroughly wets the paint surface to enable you to rub the clay bar effortlessly.
This VOC compliant lubricant spray contains no gloss agents so you can see the true results of the clay bar. When you are finished claying an area, use Detailer’s Pro Series Universal Clay Lubricant to remove any clay residue. It can also be used to remove fingerprints and dust in between details.
Detailer’s Pro Series Universal Clay Lubricant is water-based. It will not degrade synthetic or natural clay, and overspray will not affect glass, metal, plastic, or rubber. Use it with Detailer’s Pro Series Universal Detailing Clay to create a smooth, silky finish that is completely clean.
Both the Detailer’s Pro Series Universal Detailing Clay and the Detailer’s Pro Series Universal Clay Lubricant can be mixed and matched with other clays and lubricants without affecting the performance of either. They’re universal!
Experience clean, silky auto paint without any risk. Detailer’s Pro Series Universal Clay Lubricant provides essential paint protection during the detailing clay process.
1. Spray the area to be clayed with Detailer's Pro Series Universal Clay Lubricant.
2. Spray Detailer's Pro Series Universal Detailing Clay with lubricant.
3. Rub the clay bar back and forth across the lubricated area.
4. Buff the paint dry with a microfiber towel.
On a freshly washed vehicle, mist a 2 ft. x 2 ft. area of paint with Detailer’s Pro Series Universal Clay Lubricant.
- Gently rub the clay bar back and forth across the wet area only. It will grab initially. This is the clay grabbing contaminants that protrude above the clear coat surface. When the clay glides freely, the surface is clean.
- Wipe off the area with a clean microfiber towel. Use the clay lubricant to remove any remaining clay residue.
- Before moving on to the next section, inspect the clay to see if it appears soiled. If so, reshape the clay to reveal a clean side. If you drop the clay on the ground, discard it.
- To store the clay, moisten it with clay lubricant and seal it in a plastic bag within its plastic case.
Please refer to our Detailing Clay How-To for tips on detailing clay use and accessories.