Phase 5 restores, revives, and renews dull boat finishes.
Chemical Guys Phase 5 Fiberglass & Boat Polish removes swirls, scratches, oxidation and paint defects, leaving the finish smooth, clean, and brilliantly glossy. Use it on all painted surfaces, especially fiberglass and gel coat boat and RV finishes.
Chemical Guys Phase 5 Fiberglass & Boat Polish is an aggressive polish that begins working like a virtual compound, cutting fast and accurately, capable of removing moderate to heavy surface imperfections. As buffing continues, its unique abrasive system breaks down into finer and finer particles that eventually become a super fine polish. This metamorphosis enables the professional user to compound, polish, and protect in one easy step.
For superior results, buffer speed should be between 1800 and 2200 RPM. Phase 5 Polish eliminates the need for 3 compounds and a polish. It takes the place of 4 products in all. Chemical Guys Phase 5 Fiberglass & Boat Polish leaves very little haze, if any at all. Your boat or RV will look like new.
Application by Hand:
- Mist applicator pad with XMT Polishing Pad Conditioner to moisten the foam and reduce friction. Apply a nickel size amount of Phase 5 Polish to the applicator.
- Work polish in a back and forth motion on 2 x 2 sq. ft. sections until the entire surface is done.
Note: General hand application of Phase 5 Polish will remove light oxidation and minor imperfections while enhancing gloss. Doing the work by hand will not deliver the same superior results achievable with a Porter Cable or Rotary. For paint correction, it is always recommended to use a polisher.
Application by Machine:
- Mist foam pad with Chemical Guys POLISHING PAD CONDITIONER to moisten the foam and reduce friction. Apply a nickel size amount of Phase 5 Polish to the applicator.
- Always make sure the surface to be compounded is clean and dry.
- If surface is freshly or recently painted, always allow time to properly cure.
- It is always recommended to apply polish out of direct sunlight. Though product will work great even in the sun, maximum work time is achieved out of direct sunlight.
- For light jobs, use a Lake Country’s CCS White Polishing Pad.
- For large boats and RVs or larger, more oxidized surfaces, use a wool or foam polishing pad, like Lake Country CCS Orange or Green pads.
- Apply a 4-6 inch line of polish to the surface.
- With the polisher turned off, spread the polish over about a 2 x 2 sq. ft. area.
- Polish at 1200-1800 RPM on a rotary polisher or 5000-6000 OPM for Dual Action Polisher.
- Work area slowly across and then up and down.
- Always double check your work after several passes ensure proper results.
- Wipe surface area with a lightly damp microfiber towel.
- If necessary, follow with Chemical Guys FP-Final Polish or P40 Polish to enhance or restore maximum gloss and shine.
- Always apply a wax or sealant after compounding or polishing.
- Chemical Guys recommends JetSEAL for maximum protection, durability, and a wet, mirror shine.
This product cannot ship internationally.