|Save hundreds by making simple dent repairs at home!|
3M’s Bondo Small Dent Repair Kit makes it simple to repair small dents, chips, and holes in your vehicle’s finish using just the contents of the kit. If you can patch drywall, you can fix a dent! Instructions and materials are included. Why pay a professional when you can get the same results at home with the Bondo Small Dent Repair Kit?
The Bondo Small Dent Repair Kit includes Bondo® Single Use 6 oz. can of filler, spreader and 3M sandpaper in 80, 180 and 320 grit to take the job from start to finish. The only thing you will need to supply is touch-up paint.
The repair made by the Bondo Small Dent Repair Kit is formulated to be a non-shrinking, non-reactive, permanent material. It becomes a durable part of your paint finish. The filler shapes in minutes and creates a lasting repair. Use this kit for door dings and other minor auto body repairs.
3M products make at-home auto maintenance and repair easy for do-it-yourselfers with the Bondo Small Dent Repair Kit.
Instructions (also included with kit):
- Clean the repair area with soap and water and allow the panel to dry. Use a residue remover as a final cleanse of the repair area.
- Sand the surface with an 80 grit abrasive.
- Re-clean surface using a clean cloth towel and a residue remover.
- Knead the tube of cream hardener by squeezing the closed hardener tube between your fingers for about 30 seconds.
- Place a 2-inch diameter circle of 1/2 inch thick filler on a clean, flat mixing surface. Add a 2 1/2 inch strip of cream hardener to the filler. Mix the body filler and cream hardener thoroughly until the mixture is uniform in color. Gel time is approximately 3-5 minutes @ 75 degrees F. Apply a thin layer of mixed filler with a spreader using firm pressure to ensure maximum adhesion. Be sure to "wet out" the surface completely. Apply additional filler in layers, building up the damaged area higher than the surrounding surface. Maximum filler thickness should not exceed 1/4 inch. Note: Do not return mixed filler back to original can.
- Allow curing time of 20 minutes. Sand the filler to the proper contour with abrasives, using the following recommended grit sequence: 80, 180, 320. Note: If more filler is needed, follow steps 3 through 5 above.
- Wait approximately 45 minutes before applying primer and paint; always follow the recommended procedures of the paint supplier.
- Clean tools with acetone or lacquer thinner.
6 oz. Lightweight Body Filler
0.15 oz. Hardener
1.5 oz. Glaze
1 sheet of 80 grit sandpaper
1 sheet of 180 grit sandpaper
1 sheet of 320 grit sandpaper