|Autogeek and Mike Phillips are coming to you!|
Have you ever wished you could go to one of the classes at Autogeek with Mike Phillips? If you've ever wanted to go to Autogeek in Stuart, Florida to attend one of Mike Phillips's Competition Ready Detailing Class but the airline, hotel and rental car costs plus the cost of the class was out of your budget, then there's good news!
We're coming to you!
While there is no class in the world that can compare to Mike Phillips' Competition Ready Detailing Classes, the Autogeek's 2 Day Roadshow Detailing Classes with Mike Phillips comes close! You'll be able to study with the master detailer himself and learn the tricks of the trade - all in a location near you!
2-Day Class Outline
Saturday: Show Car Detailing - also called multiple-step paint polishing
The first day Mike teaches you how to take a diamond in the rough and turn it into a glistening gemstone. The first day covers multiple tools, pads and products on multiple cars. Depending on who's hosting the Autogeek Roadshow Detailing Classes, you'll have an opportunity to try all sorts of different detailing tools and supplies!
1. Cosmetic engine detailing
2. Exterior glass polishing
3. The proper way to use a waterless wash
4. The proper way to use a rinseless wash
5. How to inspect for above surface contamination
6. How to mechanically decontaminate a car including using detailing clay and clay replacements like Nanoskin towels, pads and wash mitts
7. How to inspect paint for below surface defects and determine the problem and the solution
8. How to prep a for machine compounding and polishing
1. Entry level orbital polisher with an 8mm orbit stroke length
2. Long stroke orbital polishers
3. Forced rotation dual action polishers
4. Rotary polishers
1. Specialized pads ranging from long-stroke specific pads to forced-rotation specific pads in sizes ranging from 3 to 7 inches.
Compound & Polishes covered
A variety of different compounds and polishes will be covered - everything from a heavy cut compound to a ultra-fine finishing polish!
LSPs or Last Step Products covered
2. Synthetic Sealants
3. Ceramic Paint Coatings
1. Chrome, aluminum and stainless steel polishing
2. Custom wheel polishing
3. Tire dressings and tire coatings
4. How to tape-off a car
5. How to a paint thickness gauge
6. How to do the baggie test
7. How to cover-up and protect non-detailed areas and components
8. How to use the VIF form or App
9. How to match your services to your customer
Final inspection techniques
Sunday: Production Detailing
The second day of class Mike covers how to do high quality production detailing. There's a specific reason production detailing is taught AFTER show car detailing and you'll learn why in the class.
Production detailing is the bread and butter of the detailing business because there is a larger population of people that want their daily driver washed and waxed as compared to the number of people that want a show car finish on a special toy. You'll learn how to do both styles in Mike's class and you'll learn how to reduce steps and time while maintaining pro grade results.
The order of steps and how to do each step
1. Traditional engine detailing
2. Headlight correction
3. Exterior glass polishing
4. Wheel and tire cleaning
5. Chemical decontamination
6. Jamb cleaning - doors, hood and trunk lids
7. Car washing including how to use foam guns, the 1, 2 and 3 bucket methods
8. Canvas and vinyl top cleaning and protecting
9. Mechanical decontamination during the washing step
10. Drying methods for speed
11. How to properly and correctly use a one-step cleaner/wax i.e. production detailing
12. How to under promise and over deliver
13. Interior glass cleaning
14. Rock Chip Repair with Dr. Color Chip
15. Tire dressings and tire coatings
1. How to tape-off a car
2. How to a paint thickness gauge
3. How to do the baggie test
4. How to cover-up and protect non-detailed areas and components
5. How to use the VIF form or App
6. How to match your services to your customer
Final inspection techniques
End of class
Certificate Award Ceremony
The first ever Autogeek Road Show Class will take place on August 12th & August 13th at Lake Country Manufacturing in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin!
The $995 includes the two day class, coffee and donuts in the morning, pizza and cold drinks for lunch, and each student will leave with an official Competition Ready Detailing Certificate!
If you are in that general area and would like to sign up for the Autogeek Roadshow Class, you can purchase your admission now! Please call Autogeek at 1-800-869-3011 ext. 244 for more information!